1) Watching Asher learn new things and speak new words. He is starting to piece two words together and can say “Red truck”, “thank you” and even “sit down”.
2) The little arm that curl up around my neck.
3) The kisses.
4) The look that says “wow! You can do anything mummy. ” and “Wow! thank you for fixing my train up.”
5) The smiles
7) A perfect excuse to embrace being present. When I’m playing with him, nothing else matters.
8) I get to play with lego and build things with it. Seriously, it’s good fun building a toy train.
9) Being able to extend his play. Getting creative with outdoor play, stomping on play doh, throwing it like a ball.
10) Shopping for kids clothes and shoes. Kids have seriously cute stuff.
11) One more reason to love coffee.
12) Meeting other women and mothers.
13) Appreciating my own parents even more
14) Cook simple. The meal that took me hours to prepare? Doesn’t go down as well when it’s a simple one!
17) Getting pram parking
18) Decorating his play room
19) Shopping at the kids section at Ikea.
20) Additional reason to eat chocolate.
I will be back with more but this list will do for the time being. Meanwhile, I have also created this Earl Grey Chocolate Cake that is perfect for all parents I think. It has chocolate, caffeine and it’s good for you.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 3 dates soaked in 2 earl grey tea bags for 20 minutes
- 3/4 cup of earl grey tea (from the soaking of the dates)
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/4 cup of cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- Greek yogurt and blueberries to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C. Prepare cake tin.
- Place everything in the food processor and mix till done. Remember to remove pits from the dates first. Spoon into tin. Bake for 50 minutes or till done.
- Cool and serve with greek yogurt and blue berries.