So we made brownies. Raw ones that goes into the food processor and he can eat via the spoonful. I made a version before using coffee but given that coffee is one that we do not want asher to try, we had to sneakily eat it. This one, was adapted so if he has a square, it would be alright.
Interestingly, it only works with coconut milk. I find that almond milk or normal milk just doesn’t give it the right texture. Perhaps coconut milk gives it a creamier taste. I had to freeze half a batch though. For many reasons including portion control and not snacking on a whole heap of them at once. The other, is that I can show Asher an empty box and said “finished” when in actually fact there is half of it left in the freezer for hubby’s snack. (sneaky sneaky!)
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup pecans
- extra handful of walnuts and pecans
- 1/4 cup cacao powder or cocoa
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
- 3 medjool dates soaked and pitted
- 3 tbsp coconut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil
- cacao nibs *optional
- Everything but the extra nuts in the food processor. Give it a good few blitz till it comes together. Add some water if needed. I like to place the extra nuts in the last 2 blitz to add texture. Spoon into a lined 9 by 9 tray. Sprinkle cacao nibs on it.Freeze for 15-20 minutes. Cut into small squares.