- Folding of clothes and putting them away
- Make a double chocolate cake with ganache, salted caramel and popcorn for a birthday
- a hummus dip
- clean the kitchen
- mop the floor
- tidy up the house
- Ring my dad
Then, Asher filled his wagon up with items and told me that he is bring me to the airport. “MUMMA! Come on! We are going away. Come away with me!”
Then he lead me upstairs. He asked me to sit down. Look out in the sky and said. “Let’s wait and look for the aeroplanes!” So we did just that. We listened to the wind, we saw the birds fly away. We noticed several cars driving about. We spoke about the blue sky and the clothes.
Those items were not completed (But most were), but what re played in my mind was MY toddler was teaching me how being in the moment is so precious. I hope that was his highlight too (and licking the spoon from making chocolate ganache)
This is a rich and dense cake! Not the double chocolate cake that I mention but certainly one worthy to indulge in from time to time. I like it better the next day- in fact, I nearly chuck my recipe out because I thought it was too dense. Still, I love how it came together in the end.
- 1/2 cup nut butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp cacao butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 100 grams melted dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup of nut butter, 1/2 cup coconut milk, 2 squares of dark chocolate. Cacao nibs to finish.
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line 9 inch cake tin with baking paper.
- Melt chocolate and cacao butter.
- In the meantime, whisk all other ingredients together. Fold this wet ingredients to the melted chocolate. Spoon in tin and bake for 20mins-30 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, melt all ingredients in a saucepan for ganache. Once cake is cooled, spread ganache on cake. Eat it the next day if you can wait that long 🙂